Pharmaceutical logistics industry standards will be introduced after 6 months.


Recently, I learned from the China Pharmaceutical Business Association that the "Drug Service Enterprise Logistics Service Capability Standard" and the "Evaluation Standards for Pharmaceutical Logistics Quality and Service Capability of Drug-Related Transportation Enterprises" formulated by the Association have completed the site of 13 drug-related enterprises. The classification and grading evaluation work is expected to be released by the Ministry of Commerce as an industry standard after half a year, which will help China's pharmaceutical supply chain to achieve quality and safety as the cornerstone and achieve efficient delivery.

According to the data provided by Zhu Jianyun, secretary general of the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Branch of China Pharmaceutical Business Association, China's entire pharmaceutical logistics market is conservatively estimated at more than 100 billion yuan. This is not the circulation of medicines, but the income of pharmaceutical logistics. Zhu Jianyun said that 44% of the 100 billion market is warehousing-related value-added services, and the remaining 56% is transportation. In other words, logistics transportation accounts for more than half of the pharmaceutical logistics market.

Zhu Jianyun said that in terms of pharmaceutical logistics, the existing regulatory standards and industry standards are relatively weak. There are many participants in drug-related transportation. Their professional capabilities include the controllability, guaranteeability, traceability and safety of drug-related transportation process management. There is no uniform standard. During the process of subcontracting and subcontracting of transportation process, There are risks that are unpredictable and difficult to control. She said that through a sample survey of 154 carriers in 55 pharmaceutical companies in 21 provinces, the drug-carrying carriers were fragmented and lacked a compliant pharmaceutical transportation control system, which had significant compliance risks.

At the beginning of 2017, under the guidance of the Ministry of Commerce, the China Pharmaceutical Business Association set up a drafting group for the classification of drug flow classification and evaluation by experts from multinational pharmaceutical companies, pharmaceutical wholesale and logistics enterprises, and completed the relevant “Liquid Service Service Standards for Pharmaceutical Enterprises” and Drafting and series of research and revision of the standards for the evaluation of pharmaceutical logistics service quality and capability of drug-related transportation enterprises. At the same time as the second half of 2018, the China Pharmaceutical Business Association organized some enterprises to carry out pilot projects. As of March 15, 2019, 13 drug-related enterprises (8 drug-operated enterprises and 5 drug-related transport enterprises) have been completed. On-site classification and grading assessment work.

According to Zhu Jianyun, after the two standards were introduced in the second half of last year, they were first tested as the standards of the association; on the other hand, they were submitted for review as the standards set by the Ministry of Commerce, and are currently in the review stage. The process is expected to be officially released as an industry standard after half a year or so.

Back To List
Contact Us

We know the challenges and changes you are facing

Use leading technology and extensive industry experience to help you achieve your business goals